by Farzana Rasheed
1) The first quarter of 2016 is almost over. How did it go?
The first quarter will be over in a week from today. In terms of volume of business, we have done a total turnover of only US$145,535.00 this quarter. We bagged a few new client contracts. Generally speaking it has been extremely slow.
2) How does it compare to the first quarter of 2015?
We did a turnover of $1,037,188.21 during the same period in 2015. January – March. This says a lot!
3) What changes do you see in the market this year?
The market size has reduced drastically. Most mining companies have shut down. Oil companies have also reduced spending. Government too is not spending as much as last year.
4) Are there any new products and services NATC is offering to its clients?
We have had to market NATC more aggressively this year. We have offered a new client a GPS tracking system, which is new for us.
5) How is the Internet Services side of the business coming along?
There have been some losses here and also some gains. This is how the trend will continue. Lose some, win some Competition is very tough. All ISP’s are cutting each other’s price.
6) What are the greatest challenges to doing business in Liberia?
Small economy, limited scope, Electricity and water issues, expensive rents, very poor skilled manpower.
7) Any interesting projects on the horizon?
Yes, quite a few. Keeping my cards close to my chest for now.
8) How is the administrative and tech team coming along at NATC?
The admin department has really suffered. We have again lost our Head of Admin, this year. He just abruptly disappeared and we are on the lookout for a replacement. The tech team is doing well, working hard.
9) How do you relax after a hard day?
Sip a cup of tea on our exclusive garden deck, counting the 100’s of bats in the sky. Visit the Chess club on Front Street and play some games.