Tuesday 13 February 2018

End of year blog post by Farman Elahi

Dear Reader,

As an IT Technician I started my experience since 1996 with Pentium II and III computers. Today in 2018, smart technology is around us every day. From surveillance cameras to clothing, today’s smart technology is watching us, helping us, and getting smarter. As our processing power, bandwidth, and storage continue to expand exponentially, we will definitely see more and more smart technologies in our life.

End Year 2017: I  am writing a blog post as an IT Technician working in the best IT Company in Liberia, West Africa. I am so happy. That’s amazing and interesting for me. I faced many challenges in technologies such as V-SAT, Server applications, installation and repairs, servers, networking, Internet connectivity, printer repairing, cloud computing, mother board repairs, and much more. 

2017 made me confident that I can achieve my targets. I faced challenging situations. I learned communication is one of my strongest traits. I worked in 2017 for our valuable customers such as PSI, JICA, Social Impact, Water Aid, Tetra Tech, MCC, Ministry of Finance, EPO, Arcelor Mittal, MCC, LAC and many more.

March to June 2017 I experienced my greatest achievement when my company sent me to Ministry of Finance for repairs of hundreds damaged printers.  I really liked and loved that job. I repaired different kinds and parts of printers, such as:
  • Parallel Ports
  • Serial Ports
  • Infrared Ports
  • DC Boards
  • Power Boards
  • Paper Jams
  • Fusers
  • Error Indicators
  • Memory storage parts
  • Print Spooler
  • Image Quality
  • Paper Paths
In April 2017 my company management sent me to installation of V-SAT dishes for NEC Liberia with our V-SAT technician Konah Gray at Bensonville (Monstserrado, upper), Kakata (Margibi) & Tubmanburg (Bomi). I enjoyed that experience. We installed Dish, LNB, BUC finder, co-axiable cable, I-Direct modems. Very interesting jobs.



Thanks to NATC and Konah Gray learned to me about this technology on V-SAT Dishes.

In September 2017, our Clint UNISEF called CCTV cameras system was not working. Razberi MP System was not working. That was my 1st time working on a big CCTV system. After my diagnostics the problem was that the processor socket on mother board was seriously damaged. After trouble shooting, I succeeded for repairs processor socket. After I resolved this hardware issue, I installed OS and CCTV axis cameras software on this system.



I went to my home sweet home in Pakistan on vacations in 20th of November 2017. NATC management arranged my vacations and my travel expenses. Really NATC management is always great and for fully supporting and taking care of their employees. Thanks a lot NATC. I am so happy with NATC team.


Every year, the NATC team exchanges Secret Santa gifts. After my vacations we finally managed to open ours gifts. Our management organised this day. I like too much because all employees are together as a family.


My respected colleague Daniel Collins gives me beautiful Liberian Shirt. I really like it and thanks dear Daniel.   



Thanks,
By Farman Elahi, IT technician

No comments:

Post a Comment