Wednesday 4 May 2016

Intro of Isaiah Yancy

by Isaiah Yancy


Hello there. My name is Isaiah Shad Yancy, also called DJ Zekie. Born and raised as a Liberian, I like music, reading and science.

I was born in Maryland County, Republic of Liberia, spent my early days running from political figures’ greed over money and power. Forced to be a refugee at an early age but determined to come back and build my home one day, I moved back to Monrovia in November 1995. I completed high school and University in Monrovia and had since been contributing to the society through music, arts, and teaching.

I am one of the founders of the new wave of Liberian music, HipCo.  I also contributed to the Ebola recovery period wherein a team of young Liberians, few prominent citizens and me developed and produced the concept of “Jue Kpeh” – The Ebola Recovery Song. The song was engineered, mixed and mastered by me and it featured a lot of talented Liberian artists. Having shared stage with international acts like Wizboy and Van Vicker, this gives my artistry a standardized essence.

I also contributed to education wherein I taught Chemistry and Mathematics at Assemblies of God Mission High School for two years and Chemistry and Biology at The Haywood Mission institute. Also did some Laboratory work with LABCHEM and UMU wherein contributing to science and research in Liberia.

I have worked in the entertainment business for a while; worked also in education & research and now I’m bringing all that experience to the IT world. I think New Africa Technology Company is the niche I have searched for my whole life. For the first time in Liberia, I have found a company that hires on merit basis alone, operates with schedule and sets the standard of a business operating in the 21st century. I always dream about working for a company that provides the opportunity for growth and development in young professionals. As a new member of the team, I hope to strive and climb the ranks professionally for the advancement of my career.

I love my team here.

NOTE: If it is worth adding; As my hobby, a radio station in Monrovia, Liberia, Hott 107.9 fm, currently airs my mix show every Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9pm – 12 midnight, GMT. The show can also be heard online: www.hott1079fm.com as the radio transmits online in real time.

No comments:

Post a Comment