Tuesday 30 August 2016

Do petrol engine cars use nozzles?


By Haresh Karamchandani

We have a 1999 Toyota 4-runner, which works quite well if well maintained, (which we try to do).

On Sunday, while driving to Lila Brown’s for a game of Settler’s of Catan, the car started jerking and back firing. I struggled with it and tried to make it move, but all attempts did not work and eventually it just went off and would not come back on again.

Luckily, I was not too far from a safe parking and managed to park the car and carry on to our game with a Keke.

The driver came in on Monday morning and I explained to him what had happened and asked him to get the mechanic to come and check the car.

A few hours later, Kollie the mechanic walks into our office and reports that the “nozzles” need to be replaced. I asked him to remove the bad nozzles out of the engine and bring them to me so I could see them first.

Kollie came back after 2 hours with these nozzles and a bill of US$250.00.

I got curious and decided to take the nozzles to an auto parts dealer friend, to check if the price was right. I also took the nozzles along with me.

Upon close inspection, the auto parts friend noticed that the nozzles were not all the same type. It looked like they were harvested from 4-5 different cars. He said that these nozzles do not look like they came out of a single car! That sent alarm bells up my spine. He was right. Kollie was up to some mischief.


Then my auto parts friend asked me: Which car do you use? I replied: Toyota 4-runner. He then said, “but that uses a petrol engine”, I said “yeah”, he then laughed out loud.

I was further confused.


Why was Mohammed laughing out loud? Please explain Mohammed, what is so funny?


He said “Haresh, petrol cars do not use Nozzles!! Nozzles are used with Diesel Injector type engines!” I am on the lookout for Kollie. He has disappeared. 

No comments:

Post a Comment