Friday 10 June 2016

BLOG POST FOR MAY 2016

Dear Readers,

For the past months, I have solved lots of complex problems for our customers in and out of Monrovia.

We got a purchase order from one of our clients for supply of laptops with the following system requirements: Brand: Lenovo, OS: Windows 10, HDD: 500GB, RAM: 8GB Office: 2013.

These laptops were configured, setup and supplied to the client. Early one morning I saw an email in my inbox requesting urgent need for technician. Thou I was surprise for I know even newly supplied computers give problems when going into first boot or power on. I quickly arrange my tools and other necessary software to take on the customer site just in case the problem may be a software of hardware issue.

I arrived at the client 18st Sinkor Monrovia office and my presence was announced by the securities to the office manager. She took me the end user desk were they both explained the issue to me. According to her, the laptop goes Off & ON. I asked her in a very professional and polite manner to save her work and turn the laptop over to me and so she did. I open this laptop and checked every hardware component and software as well. Restarted the machine, observed it for one to two hours and nothing happened. I went back to her and asked her to continue her work while we both observe it.

She left the laptop on her desk for about 2-3min and the laptop suddenly went to sleep. When she turned around she saw that the lap screen had gone dark, she responded ‘’ you see? This is what happening. It has gone off again’’. Then I said to her that you have left it for a while madam, it is not off but rather at sleep and you don’t have to press on the power button, if you do you are turning it off completely. You can type the ‘’Enter’’ or any key as many times to wake the computer up but she still wasn’t satisfied.

After few weeks the same complain came in again. I was disturb that night until the next morning I went back at their office and started to show her the settings from the Control Panel. I set the computer on ‘’ ‘’Never go to sleep’’. We both observed it again the laptop never went to sleep. This wasn’t a good idea I told her for this will weaken the laptop battery life and it was set to go to sleep after every 1 hour. Since then they have never complain of such problem. 

As a technician here at New Africa Technology Company, we do not only solve complex issues for our customers on site. At times there are some puerile issues we have to resolve like this one.

Prepared By: Daniel W. Collins
IT Technician (NATC).

No comments:

Post a Comment