Wednesday 10 October 2018

How to install advance fingerprint control with old latch system

Information technology has spread its wings across many facets of life, be it personal, social or professional. Businesses and institutional outfits have become heavily dependent on the smooth functioning of information systems and the network formed by connecting them with each other.

One of our valued customers called us for replacement of the fingerprint access control. The last fingerprint Access control was installed by us about 2 years ago. It has been working well until a power surge blew up the system.  The old biometric lock was controlled by connecting only 05 cables: 
  • 2 Red for DC 12v,
  • 2 Black for GND, and
  • 1 door lock COM connected with latch

Below is a picture of the old device:


The new Biometric Fingerprint Access standalone we were given to install was a Dahua DHI-ASI1212D as seen in the picture below.

This Fingerprint Access has 24 cables and Rj45 Network port. This device should be able to export the signal to the latch after the fingerprint is read to unlock the door. Door sensor will detect on/off state.
If the door is opened by force or improperly closed, the alarm signal will be triggered.  

   
The new Dahua device should normally be used with the below magnet strike:


The client did not provide this item and we were left with the challenge to install the device using the dead locking tubular latch that was used with the older device as shown in the picture below:


Let me explain how it is possible to install and connect an advance Fingerprint Access Standalone using only 05 cables out of 24 and operate and make it work with the dead locking tubular latch.
There are 24 cables coming out of the new Dahua device as follows:
  • 3 Red
  • 3 Black
  • 3 Green
  • 3 Blue
  • 3 Brown
  • 3 Yellow
  • 3 Purple
  • 3 White 
And there are 5 cables from the old latch and push button switches as follows:
  • 2 Red
  • 2 Black
  • 1 Black and Red
The connections are done in the following 3 simple steps:
  1. The 3 Red cables and the COM1 Green cable from the new Dahua are combined together and connected to the 2 Red cables from the latch,
  2. The 3 Black cables are combined together and are connected to the 2 Black cables from the latch,
  3. The Blue COM 1 cable is connected to the Red and Black cable from the latch.
  4. The lock was tested by the customer and it was working well as expected.
One more happy NATC customer.

Prepared By: Farman Elahi

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for your post. This is excellent information. It is amazing and wonderful to visit your site.
    door interlocking system
    hydraulic road blockers
    road spike system
    road spike systems

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very impressed and found that it is very useful.
    SAFEALL Security Systems In India

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm 15 years old. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Asthma,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome,Fibromyalgia, Diabetes Hepatitis even Cancer I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com I also chat with him on what's app +2348149277967 he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guild lines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment and recommendations.

      Delete
  4. I visited your site. So nice best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AVG is very good anti-virus
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,
    Thanks for recommendation.
    Farman Elahi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Somewhere the content of the blog surrounded by little arguments. Yes it is healthy for readers. They can include this kind of language in their writing skill as well as while group discussion in college.
    biometric capture software

    ReplyDelete